Try these creative ideas to raise money for Heartbeat without dipping into your own account:
- Have friends and relatives donate to Heartbeat for your birthdays, holidays, anniversary, weddings.
- Have a garage sale and donate the proceeds to Heartbeat. Invite your friends to help.
- Organize a car wash with friends. Have some fun and make difference with your donation.
- Throw a party! Get local vendors to donate food, drink and entertainment and charge an entry fee. Host a raffle as an additional money maker.
- Does your boss allow you to wear jeans on Fridays? If not talk to management about starting a “Casual Friday for a Cause” day. Anyone who wants to dress down (or up if you always wear jeans!) must donate $5 to Heartbeat.
- Get permission to set up a table outside a grocery store like Cassie, one of our volunteers, did for Christmas Stockings for our Wounded Warriors. Put out brochures and flyers with upcoming programs and take donations.
- Coordinate a bake sale. Who doesn’t love home baked goods!